Thursday 22 September 2016

Mom and Baby Matching Outfits

I don't have a tutorial to share today so this is basically just a show-off of what I've made recently. Haha. This is the fourth baby dress I've made for my lil' missy. It's not that difficult to put together but it's definitely the most complicated one I've ever made (as compared to easy pillowcase dresses without buttons or zipper :P). And yes, I made that drawstring bunny pouch for her too! Please tell me it does look like a bunny because the first time I gave it to her, all she said was "Cat cat, cat cat!" I don't know whether I should cry or laugh at her statement. >.<

Cheeky Baby V

Baby V: "Nope, I'm not pooping!" LOL

I've always wanted to make myself a dress but is intimidated by the complexity of dress patterns, bodice pieces, neckline cutting, waist cutting, applying zippers, and most importantly, how on earth do I make sure that the dress fits me upon completion? I am after all, just a sewing hobbyist. 3.E With all these thoughts, I figure it's best to make a dress with an elastic waist. This is probably the easiest way to eliminate complicated cuttings and at the same time reduce the chances of getting something that doesn't fit in the end. And why off-shoulder? Because it's the in-thing now, I think. :P And of course, it's a lot easier to make than having to sew neat neckline and armholes. Haha.

So here goes~ How does it look? Pretty decent, right? LOL, shiok sendiri mode ON. Haha.


Nope, my lil' missy cannot sit still for more than 2 seconds.

And, this was her falling backwards. Almost. Haha.

Looks easy enough to make, huh? As much as I don't want to admit, I've made so many alterations along the way to make it fit better and I've lost count of how many times I needed to use the seam ripper. If you sew quite a bit too, I bet you'll agree that ripping off seams is the most annoying thing to do and it often comes in a package together with cursing and swearing. LOL. I whined so much that M finally gave this "brilliant" suggestion: Why don't' you just use this as a rug (his exact words were 拿来做擦脚布啦) and make another one? I was like what? You really want to mess with me? My blood was already boiling with all the seam ripping and you have to be so mean now? Geez. Sometimes I really wonder where all his courage and "brilliant" ideas came from. :P 

Well, me being me, there's no way I'm going to let my pretty fabric go to waste so I persevered anyway, until I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome. :P I'll come up with a step-by-step together with the RIGHT measurements soon but you'll need to use it at your discretion because I sew for fun and professional dressmakers would probably sew it in an entirely different manner. Stay tuned for the baby dress and drawstring bunny pouch step-by-steps too!


P/S: Photo credited to M. Yeah, he is mean sometimes but it's great to have a patient hubby who loves to take photos (so that I can take like a gazillion shots until I get the feel I wanted. Muahahaha.)



No comments:

Post a Comment